ch-scene - Re: wxyclassic

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: bendy <bendy AT duke.edu>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: wxyclassic
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:12:10 -0500

jane wrote:
not a conscious effort.

given the many generations
at work/play within the
station, some folks might
not realize the stapleness
of some tracks, they may
just dig it, and there's
nothing wrong with that,
that i can see/hear ...

Nothing wrong at all. It's interesting tho', 'cause I think ten years ago, your typical college deejay would have been more aware of the 'stapleness' of some of these tracks, and would have avoided them, even if he or she dug it.

jane ... who has never
consciously heard "classic
rock" radio ...

...that's the rub, probably. Seems to have more to do with the younger deejays not being as jaded to those songs. And hearing the tracks sandwiched between gang gang dance and such, it gives me fresh ears too.

greyly,
bendy