ch-scene - Local 506 Schedule (as of 12/16)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT earthlink.net
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Local 506 Schedule (as of 12/16)
  • Date: 15 Dec 2004 18:06:41 -0800

Here's what's going on at 506 for the holidays and beyond...glenn

INDIE ROCK KARAOKE: This Friday is the Local 506 Christmas Party and
not only are you invited, you are also the entertainment. That's
because we'll be doing Indie Rock Karaoke w/ DJ Do It from Athens GA.
If the thought of performing your favorite Pavement or REM song
isn't enticing enough, the event is Free plus we'll be offering a
Special Holiday Drink Special - $1 off all alcoholic drinks to get you
in performance mode.

FREE HOLIDAY SHOWS: Kicking in next week are the 506 Free-for-All!
shows where we invite back some of our favorite locals acts from the
last year that we didn't get to see enough - kinda like Survivor
All-Stars without the million bucks...in fact, these acts will be
playing for Free!!!

MORE FREE SHOWS: The free show concept was so well accepted that we
decided to continue it going into the New Year. After the holidays,
we'll be matching some of the up and coming talent from the triangle
area with our favorite out of town acts that don't get to play in
Chapel Hill as often as we'd like. No worry, these acts have been
fully inspected and meet the quality control standards you've come to
expect from 506. Check them out risk-free.

NEW YEARS EVE: Then there is the Local 506 New Year's Eve Party with
Jett Rink, Kung Flude, Fake Swedish and The Young Idea. Can't handle
that much rock action in one night; okay, we've made it cheap enough
($4) that you can take time to pop into some of the other fine
establishments celebrating New Year's Eve in our neighborhood. West
Franklin Street - Make a Night of It!

ELECTRIC JAM: Also kicking off in 2005 is another free event, the
Wednesday Night Electric Jam - the 506 Open Mic Night. But there
will be much more than a mic onstage; we'll have a full backline
(amps, drums, etc.) and a host band to help curate the night.
January's guest host is 506 faves Fake Swedish. Bring your
guitar...or bring your whole band!

OPEN BAR: Also new - but this couldn't wait til the new year - is
the fact that we're opening the bar daily at 2pm. Basically, we're
here all day - might as well as serve some drinks while we're
booking the club. We've got a brand spankin' new jukebox and
wireless Internet to boot, so come by before the big show.

Here's the specifics:

12/16 THU CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE / BRINGERER / CHEERS TO NO
TOMORROW (Shadow of a Great Name has cancelled)
12/17 FRI Local 506 Christmas Party - The Return of Indie Rock
Karaoke! No Cover Charge - Drink Specials $1 Off all Alchohol
12/18 SAT SNMNMNM Seven Year Anniversary Party / THE NEVER
12/19 SUN THE MOANERS / CORDERO / LETAL
12/20 MON 506 Free for All! JOHN HARRISON (of North Elementary) /
NEW LOUNGE DRUNKS (featuring Roberto and Diane of New Town Drunks) No
Cover
12/21 TUE 506 Free for All! SPADER / THE SAMES / PEOPLE UNDER THE
BRIDGE (No Cover)
12/22 WED AN EPIC AT BEST / CITIES
12/23 THU 506 Free for All! JULE BROWN / RANDY WHITT / EMILY
WASZAK
12/27 MON 506 Free for All! HOTEL MOTEL No Cover
12/28 TUE 506 Free for All! THE EXPERTS / SHANNON O'CONNOR No
Cover
12/29 WED FAKE SWEDISH / THE HARD LESSONS / THE WEATHER (The
Dynamite Brothers have cancelled)
12/30 THU 506 Free for All! CAN JOANN / FEEDING THE FIRE (No
Cover)
12/31 FRI New Year's Eve Party - Four Bands for $4 Bucks! JETT
RINK / KUNG FLUDE / FAKE SWEDISH / YOUNG IDEA
1/1 SAT THE NEVER / SINGLE FILE / THE PEOPLE UNDER THE BRIDGE
1/2 SUN 506 Free for All! eNtet and friends (No Cover)
1/3 MON 506 Free for All! THE QUARANTINES / GLISSADE (No Cover)

1/4 TUE VAGUE ANGELS (Chris Leo) / EARL GREYHOUND / VOXTROT
1/5 WED Electric Jam - 506 Open Mic Night: January's Host: FAKE
SWEDISH (No Cover Charge) Drink Special: $2.50 Carolina Brewery Draft

1/6 THU ADDY JUNIUS / SHANNON O'CONNOR
1/7 FRI Elvisfest w/ JIMMY & THE TEASERS / BLOODSHOT BILL /
TOMBSTONE DADDYS / BO STEVENS / ENDER (More acts playing next door at
Dominic's NC Sports Bar & Grill)
1/8 SAT Elvisfest w/ TWO DOLLAR PISTOLS / ELVIS ENCORE / THE
OCTANE SAINTS / THE CHEATS / THE BUTCHERS (More acts playing next door
at Dominic's NC Sports Bar & Grill)
1/9 SUN 506 Free For All!: ICONIC /THE TRUTH IS (MUSIC) - No
Cover
1/10 MON 506 Free For All!: ELEVATOR ACTION
1/11 TUE 506 Free For All!: PAWSHOP RUBY / BELLGLIDE (No Cover)

1/12 WED Electric Jam - 506 Open Mic Night: January's Host: FAKE
SWEDISH (No Cover Charge) Drink Special: $2.50 Carolina Brewery Draft

1/13 THU THE BROTHER KITE / GLISSADE / CENTRIC
1/14 FRI 80'S Tribute Night: THE CATERPILLAR (The Cure) and THE
SHANKLYS (The Smiths) - featuring members of local acts Jett Rink, Dom
Casual, Fashion Design, The Sames, Polynya and Shadow Play. With
special guest DJ JOHNNY ROCKET.
1/15 SAT KERBLOKI / THE MATHEMATICIANS / SKULL DIVISION
1/16 SUN Comedian TODD BARRY / PORTASTATIC
1/17 MON CITIES / THE CAPULETS
1/18 TUE AN ALBATROSS / THE CINEMA EYE / AQUI
1/19 WED Electric Jam - 506 Open Mic Night: January's Host: FAKE
SWEDISH (No Cover Charge) Drink Special: $2.50 Carolina Brewery Draft

1/20 THU WXYC's Best of 2004 Dance
1/21 FRI CUB COUNTRY / HONORED GUESTS
1/23 SUN Indiegrrl Music Showcase w/ LAURA MCLEAN & CALAMITY BAND
/ VICKI BLANKENSHIP & DRYADS BAND / SOMEONE'S SISTER (Show Starts at
9pm)
1/24 MON 506 Free For All!: STRATOCRUISER / THE TALK
1/25 TUE SOUTHERN BITCH / ALABAMA THUNDERPUSSY
1/26 WED Electric Jam - 506 Open Mic Night: January's Host: FAKE
SWEDISH (No Cover Charge) Drink Special: $2.50 Carolina Brewery Draft

1/28 FRI INTERNATIONAL ORANGE / THE ARGUMENT
1/29 SAT THE MOANERS CD Release Party
1/30 SUN Rounder Recording Artist TARBOX RAMBLERS
2/1 TUE Bloodshot Recording Artist BOBBY BARE JR.
2/5 SAT Cat's Cradle Presents TOMMY STINSON
2/11 FRI Heard'em Together Compilation Release Party w/ LEADFOOT
/ TRANSPORTATION / GERTY
2/18 FRI JETT RINK / ASOBI SEKSU / FASHION DESIGN
2/22 TUE LEADFOOT / PB ARMY
2/24 THU Dirty South Improv Festival (comedy) Two Shows: 8pm &
10pm - see dirtysouthimprov.com for details
3/1 TUE I LOVE YOU BUT I'VE CHOSEN DARKNESS
3/3 THU Cat's Cradle Presents JAMES McMURTRY (Starts at 9pm)
3/5 SAT BELLAFEA CD Release Party

  • Local 506 Schedule (as of 12/16), local506, 12/15/2004