ch-scene - DJ Marco + DJ Salvador at Federal this Thursday

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: DJ Marco <djmarco AT solidsoundsystem.com>
  • To: SolidSoundSystem <djmarco AT solidsoundsystem.com>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: DJ Marco + DJ Salvador at Federal this Thursday
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:58:11 -0500

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 16 - 10pm-2am
FEDERAL SOUL at Federal
914 W. Main Street - Durham, NC 27701 - USA - 919.680.8611
FREE ADMISSION!
http://www.thefederal.net/

You know DJ Marco plays strictly original vinyl soul, funk, jazz, latin, and
reggae from the 60s and 70s every other week at Federal. But did you know
that your man-about-town DJ Salvador (aka Lord Bizare) brings the heat too?
Now's your chance to check 'em both out on the decks this Thursday!

DJ MARCO 10 HOT SPINS FOR DECEMBER
Everyday People: Pimp Walk (parts 1 & 2) - Brooks 45
Andy Butler: Up To My Neck in Love - Tangerine 45
The Coasters: Down Home Girl - King LP
Lee Fields: Could Have Been - Daptone 45
Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings: How Long Must I Wait - Daptone 45
The Exciters: Fight That Feelin' - RCA LP
The Tempests: I Can't Get You Out of My Mind - Smash LP (NC soul!)
David Newman: The Funky Way to Treat Somebody - Atlantic LP
Zulema: Wanna Be Where You Are - RCA LP
Willie Bobo: Ain't That Right - Verve LP

AND SOME CHRISTMAS SOUL
James Brown: Soulful Christmas - King LP
The Stridells: I Remember Christmas - Curtom 45
The Martinis: Holiday Cheer - USA 45
Clarence Carter: Back Door Santa - Atlantic 45

UPCOMING:

SITAR INDIA NEW YEARS PARTY
Bollywood + Bhangra Bash Up
with DJ Marco
at Sitar India Palace on Friday, December 31
FREE ADMISSION and GREAT DRINK SPECIALS!
Dinner (not free!!) will be served from 8:30pm-11pm
Dancing will start when you get on the floor!
Free glasses of champagne at midnight!
ARE YOU STILL WONDERING WHERE YOU SHOULD BE THIS NEW YEARS!?!?
COME ON, YAAR!!!!
http://www.sitarindiapalace.com/
3117 Shannon Rd - Durham , NC 27707
Tel: (919) 490-1326

MORE INFO
http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/

  • DJ Marco + DJ Salvador at Federal this Thursday, DJ Marco, 12/14/2004