ch-scene - Call for Entries - Hi Mom! Short Film Fest (free!)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Hi Mom! Film Fest" <mfhedt AT REMOVEmindspring.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Call for Entries - Hi Mom! Short Film Fest (free!)
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 20:46:33 GMT

Hi Mom! wants YOU! (to enter the fest.)

We’re pleased to announce our 8th annual fun filled film fest is a go for
May, 2005, and our CALL FOR ENTRIES is out on the street as we speak. Find
it at www.himomfilmfest.org

HUH? Hi Mom! Film Fest is a festival of anything-goes short
films/videos/animations/who-knows-whats in Carrboro/Chapel Hill, NC, USA. We
’re free to enter, and will feature a motley assortment of media (from
around the country and world) in a variety of shows over a few days. We'll
select films that range from outlandishly bizarre to cute 'n silly to
brazenly sincere to raunchy and rude. No-budget works well with us, big-budg
better be dang good or it gets filed away (in the town dump....) Our aim is
a funner-than-heck fest, full of brain candy and void of pretension.

PRIZES: HM!#7 doled out around 3 grand in cash and film grants. Probably
similar

CATEGORIES: We’ll make them up later, that’s how we are. Check our website
for last year’s.

COST: FREE!! (until Jan. 1, 2005, $15 after that until March 15, multiple
entries per tape okay) Bribes accepted.

FREE?: Yes, free. So no excuse not to send the goods.

DEADLINE: March 15, 2005. Perhaps later if the bribe is right….

RESTRICTIONS: Very few, see the Call For Entries. No fi too lo or hi! We
show all styles and genres, anything that moves us. We like ‘em short, so
don’t bother sending in works longer than 20 minutes, unless you just want
us to see it ‘cause you like us, in which case, thanks!

We’re looking forward to your entry, check out the website, and get that
CFE!

-Hi Mommers
www.himomfilmfest.org

  • Call for Entries - Hi Mom! Short Film Fest (free!), Hi Mom! Film Fest, 12/13/2004