ch-scene - Re: jazz info request

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Fikri Yucel <fikri_y AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: jazz info request
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 08:13:23 -0800 (PST)

High quality jazz that utilizes the Ukulele:

Ukulele Club De Paris. They are awesome.

The only trouble is that their recordings are not
available from that many sources in the US. Even the
internet is of limited assistance. A cd is available
here:

http://elderly.com/recordings/items/EMARCY017741.htm

But it comes out to about $21 (including shipping).

Very highly recommended nevertheless. You should also
go chat with Barry at Nice Price Books in Durham (he's
the owner). He is all about the ukulele these days,
and I'm sure he would be happy to point you in the
right direction. He's the one who turned me on to the
Ukulele Club of Paris.

-Fikri

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/kevinvansant_music.htm