ch-scene - Nov. 20: GoGirlsMusicFest

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Mary Anne Barckhoff <barckhoff AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Nov. 20: GoGirlsMusicFest
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 08:52:46 -0800 (PST)

GoGirlsMusic.com Presents: 5th Annual GoGirlsMusicFest To Benefit MusiCares-
November 20th, 2004

GoGirlsMusic.com is proud to present the 5th annual GoGirlsMusicFest, this
year benefiting MusiCares which provides a safety net of critical assistance
for music people in times of need. GoGirlsMusic.com is dedicated to bringing
out the best local and regional indie women in music while supporting a great
cause. We'll be giving away FREE GoGirlsMusicFest CDs at each show! This
year's sponsors include Discmakers, Musicians Atlas, The Indie Bible,
GIGPAGE.com, Orbit Web Design, BandPasses.com, Indie-Music.com,
IndieMusicCoach.com, and Rainmaker Publicity!

About GoGirlsMusicFest
Madalyn Sklar, founder of GoGirlsMusic.com, created GoGirlsMusicFest, a
series of annual showcase events across the United States. The festival
promotes independent women in music while supporting various charities
including the Rock 'n' Roll Camp for Girls, American Liver Foundation, Nicole
Brown Charitable Foundation and more. Since 2000, over 70 all volunteer run
shows have taken place throughout the U.S.

About MusiCares
Established in 1989 by the Recording Academy, MusiCares provides a safety net
of critical assistance for music people in times of need. MusiCares' services
and resources cover a wide range of financial, medical and personal
emergencies, and each case is treated with integrity and confidentiality.
MusiCares also focuses the resources and attention of the music industry on
human service issues that directly impact the health and welfare of the music
community.

About GoGirlsMusic.com
Since 1996, GoGirlsMusic.com has dedicated itself to bringing together
independent women musicians from around the country. Eight years later,
GoGirlsMusic.com has become a welcome destination for women in music through
networking and events. More info at www.gogirlsmusic.com

GoGirlsMusicFest showcases are open to GoGirls Elite members only. To become
a member, log on to www.gogirlsmusic.com. Membership will qualify you to
perform in GoGirlsMusic.com nationwide events all year round, including
Invasion of the GoGirls at South By Southwest, Last Band Standing and
GoGirlsRock. You will also be eligible for online artist features, CD
reviews, and you'll receive emails with valuable inside tips and industry
discounts to help you advance your career.

The North Carolina event will take place in Chapel Hill November 20th at The
Cave and Local 506 featuring solos, duos and bands in both venues the same
night, for one $10.00 cover!

Local 506 will feature: Lactose Quervo, Little Miss Messy, She Mamas, Calibur
and The Pink Slips. Entertainment starts at 9pm

The Cave will feature: Jess Pironis, Someone's Sister, Annette Warner, Jen
Foster, Jessi Hamilton, Kristi Starr, Katie Sawicki and Brianna Lane.
Entertainment starts at 8:00pm
For more information regarding the NC event(s) please contact Annette Warner
at awarnerentertainment AT ec.rr.com or (910) 793-1507.

For more information or to become a volunteer, check out www.GoGirlsMusic.com
or contact Madalyn Sklar at madalyn AT gogirlsmusic.com or (281) 541-0981

Viva la Venus website: http://www.vivalavenus.com
Little Miss Messy website: http://www.littlemissmessy.net

The difference between excitement and fear is a matter of choice.
>From barckhoff AT yahoo.com Wed Nov 10 12:03:23 2004

b=twJw8Q82GdXierQbRyerICiEJPLjmr+icGl/oJRZWsGx5yPs0alzFEZtjvTFdvd0G0Z+DdlJT0wHztSSWAbsn0MwEmHV/L5R771dj/r1TkYk3wslCU7H9pOlTyWx+2LFRZlayI++AYazyzuNK/od4qrXLhnHWEZ/a24ZYJprDmY=
;

networking and events. More info at www.gogirlsmusic.com