ch-scene - Re: oh.my.god

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: zenopox AT yahoo.com (z)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: oh.my.god
  • Date: 10 Nov 2004 05:58:30 -0800

i thought this "fuck the south" piece was lame and amateurish at best.
at worst, it is exactly what the right-wing machine wants, a soldier
fighting for divisiveness from the other side. i emailed this guy (i
would bet my life it's an early-twenties white male) explaining in
g-rated language why his rant will do more harm than good. a friend in
new york sent me the link originally, then sent an apology a little
later, after he'd thought past the novelty of it. i stopped being
impressed with gratuitous vulgarity a little while after i expressed
my desire to rip out a club owner's eyeball and urinate in his eye
socket back in the early nineties. it made me feel good for a few
minutes, but it didn't accomplish anything or impress anyone worth
impressing.

frankly, this piece sounds like something dick cheney would write.

-ze/no

news:<419115B2.8060608 AT mrboboto.com>...