ch-scene - Electronic voting fraud

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Brian Hartzog" <brian AT brianhartzog.com>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Electronic voting fraud
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 07:15:12 -0500

Hi--

I'm an indie artist from Charlotte, and I've just begun my own campaign to
make people aware of the electronic voting issues (and fraud) in 2004. I
encourage other NC artists who are interested to help out. I followed the
thread on this list, and would suggest that those who want more information
should check out:

http://www.votergate.tv (documentary film about the specifics)
http://www.blackboxvoting.org
http://www.verifiedvoting.com
http://www.therandirhodesshow.com/todays_show.html (exit polls graphic--same
as in the article you posted)

I encourage you to investigate this issue on the NON-PARTISAN, NON-PROFIT
sites like http://www.blackboxvoting.org and http://www.verifiedvoting.com.
Use your computer knowledge and your artistic insight. Judge for yourself.
Let's find the truth.

There were widespread reports of problems, including:
-electronic voting machine malfunctions
-vote totals being lost
-districts with negative vote counts
-vote totals not matching the number of people who voted.
-voting machine software working backwards: i.e. starting with the last
page and working back to the front. (Hmmm...maybe those machines also
counted votes some in reverse.)
-"extra" catridges being found that give Bush more votes
-central computers that count the votes being open to hacking.
-voting for one candidate marks the other
-voting for a Democratic ticket marks Bush in the presidential election.

This is in addition to the lack of security problems: poll workers asked to
keep the machines at home before the election, machines kept in unsecured
gymnasiums and schools the night before the election, security "seals" which
were just Xeroxed sticky labels that could be removed and reattached, the
same key opening all the machines across districts, etc.

Black Box Voting (http://www.blackboxvoting.org) has launched the largest
Freedom of Information Act request in history. MIT has requested the raw
voting data from 30 states or so.

To help:
1. Spread the word...send folks to http://www.blackboxvoting.org. Tell
people at your shows.
2. Give a bit of money to the Freedom of Information Act requests
(http://www.eservicescorp.com/form.aspx?fID=912).
3. Start asking for a recount. One way is to get good ole Ralph Nader to
request it.

Send a Fax Now to: 202-265-0092
Text should Read:
RALPH --

Challenge the election results in New Hampshire, Now.

Your Name,
Black Box Voting Activist

Let's find out the truth before we have to pay Michael Moore $10 to hear
about it.
Brian

  • Electronic voting fraud, Brian Hartzog, 11/08/2004