ch-scene - David Thomas quote of the week

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: durhamchline AT yahoo.com (durhamch)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: David Thomas quote of the week
  • Date: 22 Oct 2004 12:46:21 -0700

from Douglas Wolk's blog:

Michele and I went to see David Thomas and two pale boys last
night--one of the pale boys being, of course, Andy Diagram of the
mighty Spaceheads. Really extraordinary: D.T. was in a very bad mood,
as he seems to be often when I see him play, but a black cloud of
charisma hovers over him when he's annoyed. As usual, he was playing
his little accordion while wearing a huge red slick apron. Somebody
yelled "What's with the apron?" Thomas fixed him with a Zero
Mostel-type glare, and announced in the voice of a contemptuous
schoolteacher: "The apron is a condom. A protective barrier... a
prophylactic device... that protects the delicate workings of the
accordion... from the PASSION THAT FLOWS OUT OF ME."

506 next sat oct 30.

chris

  • David Thomas quote of the week, durhamch, 10/22/2004