ch-scene - Re: guitar amp and ohms question

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Mark Richardson <lobsterman AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: guitar amp and ohms question
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 21:24:13 GMT

The general rule when matching impedances is "low into high will fly,
high into low won't go"- i.e., a 4 ohm head into an 8 ohm cabinet is OK,
but an 8 ohm head into a 4 ohm cab is asking for trouble.

I'd wager you need the 8 ohm box, but it's worth confirming with Weber
to be sure. I remember when the Marshall power brake came out, and a few
guys tried building their own, but didn't quite get the impedance
matching right... pop, bang, sizzle.