ch-scene - rockers feigning as sensitive folkies

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: brantley19 AT hotmail.com (Jim Brantley)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: rockers feigning as sensitive folkies
  • Date: 22 Sep 2004 07:01:22 -0700

On Friday, 9/24 I will be playing a rare (because it's scary without
the wall of rock n roll sound to hide behind) solo acoustic set. I
have also talked Clay Merritt (he of the Shames) to come out of his
locked-away-in-the-studio hiding to join me in my journey into mellow
folkiness. Clay will play some of his songs, I'll play some of my
songs, and we may even team up on a few of each other's songs. The
show will be from 8 - 10 PM at Uncommon Grounds (a nice new coffeeshop
in Durham). Come on out.

Jim Brantley + Clay Merritt
Friday, September 24
Uncommon Grounds
http://www.thebalanceband.com
http://www.ugrounds.com

  • rockers feigning as sensitive folkies, Jim Brantley, 09/22/2004