ch-scene - Kolyma rocks Bickett August 26, thursday

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: desena AT bellsouth.net (Russ De Sena)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Kolyma rocks Bickett August 26, thursday
  • Date: 20 Aug 2004 14:33:37 -0700

Kolyma is a new rock band and we debut @ Bickett Gallery on August 26,
thursday, music @ 10:30. We are Bob Pence (Razor Wire Safety Net,
Cold Sides, Defenestrator) on guitar, sax, and vocals, Jennifer Thomas
(Halifax, Rat Face, Southbound) on vocals and percusion, Mike Isenberg
(Olympous Mons, Southbound, Strange) on drums, and Russ De Sena
(Chickens, Halifax, Night Moose) on bass and vocals. We've told
people we sound like the Germs meets James Blood Ulmer, James Brown
crossed with the Melvins, and maybe even Celtic Frost meets Captain
Beefheart. It probably helps a little if you've seen our other bands.
Mike wrote most of the music, by the way. We are heavy, but not in
that lumbering stupid way. We strive for excellence.