ch-scene - Re: Raleigh 101

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ron thigpen <ron AT fuzzsonic.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Raleigh 101
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:42:58 -0400

Todd Morman wrote:

The beer selection's good and they have couches in the front and a
couple of pool tables in the back. What's not to like?

Yep. All of the above, and a focus on the beer, make it a safe recommendation for a newcomer whose tastes I'm unfamiliar with. Definitely more enjoyable than many of the other warehousey establishments downtown and less of a dive than some joints I might have advised a stranger into seeking out. He may turn out to be a regular at any one of the Jackpot, Sadlack's or even (ahem) Jillian's for all I know. (If I was a betting man, I'd take that DBT's hint a go with Sad's) And though there are plenty of places I enjoy going to, personally, I've not yet found my ideal beer joint/corner bar in Raleigh yet.

--rt

  • RE: Raleigh 101, Kevin Grealey, 08/16/2004
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • RE: Raleigh 101, Todd Morman, 08/16/2004
      • Re: Raleigh 101, ron thigpen, 08/17/2004