ch-scene - Re: Enon at Durfest

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Fikri Yucel <fikri_y AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Enon at Durfest
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 06:46:51 -0700 (PDT)

Enon are on Touch & Go Records (out of Chicago). As
far as I can tell, their roots and recordings are all
out of the midwest and New York (ex-Brainiac,
ex-Skeleton Key, ex-Blonde Redhead--now that's some
kind of pedigree). The Durham connection is a
mystery. They do seem to like playing the Triangle
area a lot though--sometimes they hit the area twice
on the same tour. I am rather fond of them myself (in
case you couldn't tell).

Still no solution to the mystery, though. The Durham
Music Festival website says it will be "showcasing
independent local and regional talent." But it's a
bit of a stretch to call Enon "regional." Still gotta
wonder if there's more of a connection...

-Fikri