ch-scene - Branch gallery in Carrboro

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: jherrick <jherrick AT duke.edu>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Branch gallery in Carrboro
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:09:00 -0400

I finally stumbled upon the Branch Gallery last week in Carrboro. Since I
like to see these things succeed, I thought I'd spread the word. They are
having a art opening the featuring local artists tomorrow 6-9PM. Some of the
names are familiar.

*****
info
http://www.branchgallery.com

Branch Gallery, Ltd Presents: Lucky Day
June 11th - July 10th, 2004
Opening Reception: June 11th, 6-9pm
Gallery Hours: Tuesday - Thursday 12-6pm, Friday 12-8pm, Saturday
10am-8pm

Branch Gallery, Ltd is pleased to present "Lucky Day" - a local art
extravaganza on view June 11th - July 10th, 2004.
The exhibit features work by Daniel Amoni, Amanda Barr, Lucas Blalock,
Phil Blank, John Bowman, Russell Day,
Julia Elsas, John Ensslin, Paul Friedrich, Harrison Haynes, Andy Herod,
Soleil Konkel, Ron Liberti, Lump Lipshitz,
Allyson Mellberg, Matt Neal, and Jeremy Taylor. Come shop at the Branch
Gallery store and enter to win artwork by
your favorite local artists!

Branch Gallery, Ltd. is a new space located on Weaver Street in
Carrboro, NC. The gallery is committed to
to promoting the work of local and national contemporary emerging
artists. The gallery is run by
Chloƫ Seymore, a graduate of the Rhode Island School of Design.
***

Harrison is also a part "owner" of gallery and has played in some bands of
note.

FULL DISCLOSURE: My fiance, Michelle Johnson, has just dropped off some
pottery there. Phil Blank (big head paintings OCSC) is a friend of mine and
more importantly, plays the accordian. I admire Ron Liberti from afar and
know anything he is invlolved with is usually a good thing.

jefF

  • Branch gallery in Carrboro, jherrick, 06/10/2004