ch-scene - [Internationalist Books] Start your summer right.

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Internationalist Books <ibooks AT internationalistbooks.org>
  • To: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Internationalist Books] Start your summer right.
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:36:48 -0400

Internationalist Books
www.internationalistbooks.org
405 W Franklin Street, Chapel Hill

[This email contains ANNOUNCEMENTS, a list of NEW ARRIVALS, and a request to DONATE to Internationalist Books.]

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Internationalist Books will be partying tonight, Thursday, June 10, at Local 506 (at 506 W Franklin Street) at the Triple T's dance party, featuring "70s & 80s electronic music, new wave, no wave, nerd wave, italo, industrial, synth rock & synth pop, punk and post-punk, kraut, art funk, EBM, goth, and electropunk." We'll be registering voters and displaying our wares near the entrance.

Next weekend we're headed to Bowling Green, Ohio for the Allied Media Conference, where we'll meet up with like-minded folks from across the country.
http://www.clamormagazine.org/amc/

NEW ARRIVALS

Bicycling Science: Third Edition (David Gordon Wilson)

Sustainability on Campus: Stories and Strategies for Change (Peggy Barlett & Geoffrey Chase, Eds.)

The Green State: Rethinking Democracy and Sovereignty (Robyn Eckersley)

Labor and the Environmental Movement: The Quest for Common Ground (Brian K. Obach)

The American Century: The Rise and Decline of the United States As a World Power (Donald Wallace White)

People, Land, and Community: Collected E.F. Schumacher Society Lectures (Hildegarde Hannum, Ed.)

Closed Borders: The Contemporary Assault on Freedom of Movement (Alan Dowty)

An Unconventional Family (Sandra Lipsitz Bem)

A Darwinian Left: Politics, Evolution, and Cooperation (Peter Singer)

Women and Gender in Islam: Historical Roots of a Modern Debate (Leila Ahmed)

Coming Attractions: The Making of an X-Rated Video (Robert J. Stoller)

The Black Hearts of Men: Radical Abolitionists and the Transformation of Race (John Stauffer)

American Empire: The Realities and Consequences of U.S. Diplomacy (Andrew J. Bacevich)

Politics of Nature: How to Bring the Sciences into Democracy (Bruno Latour)

The Death of Reconstruction: Race, Labor, and Politics in the Post-Civil War North, 1865-1901 (Heather Cox Richardson)

How Sex Changed: A History of Transsexuality in the United States (Joanne Meyerowitz)

Human Insecurity in a Global World (M.D. Lincoln C. Chen, Ed.)

Magazines... please check out our website for a complete list.
http://www.internationalistbooks.org/books/magazines/
We get new magazines in every other week.

DONATE TO INTERNATIONALIST BOOKS

You can now use our website to renew your membership and purchase a new membership for yourself or as a gift. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to Internationalist Books. We depend on your support to continue in our mission of amplifying the voices of marginalized people and movements by improving access to information vital to a just and democratic society and by supporting local and global movements for justice.

click here --> http://internationalistbooks.org/about/members/

THANK YOU!

Internationalist Books

###

  • [Internationalist Books] Start your summer right., Internationalist Books, 06/10/2004