ch-scene - Re: More news on Theatergate (N&O, Herald letter)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <jameshepler AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: More news on Theatergate (N&O, Herald letter)
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 07:52:25 -0700 (PDT)

--- richard sawyer <rws6 AT duke.edu> wrote:
> umm. has anybody fact-checked that power-point
> presentation?
>
> i don't know much about finance or event centers,
> but, off the top of
> my head, i would point out that nowhere in the
> document is a data set
> for "sponsorships," a category that many
> public-owned theatres (the
> carolina theatre included) use to supplement
> revenue.

Perhaps that fell into the category of "fundraising"?
Apparently there was a handout that supplemented this
presentation which included the fundraising figures.

You could very well be right. I wish Rob posted here!

Anyone want to participate in a pool to see what this
theater will be called? I'm going for Lucky Strike
Center.

Hep