ch-scene - Re: ogg moving up in the austin dance contest

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: ogg moving up in the austin dance contest
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 08:52:53 -0400

There's a whole page devoted to hardware support: http://wiki.xiph.org/VorbisHardware

I have the Neuros Audio player. I love it, despite its slightly-large form-factor. They're in the process of opening the source for the firmware (the PC interface software is already open) & even with the firmware closed or mostly-closed, they still are making leaps & bounds in terms of usability & responding to user requests for new features.

Plus it uses standard 2.5" laptop drives, so mine has been rodded slightly with an 80GB drive. I'm at 10,000 tracks and counting, and about 8,000 of those are OGGs.

Ross

"Ron Thigpen" <rthigpen AT nc.rr.com> wrote in message

of course, now the world has spun around a few times and more of us are
encoding to 192 VBR and greater. it's fantastic to see vorbis having
come so far. now if we only had portable player support (or good grey
firmware to flash an iPod).