ch-scene - Local 506 Membership Drive / Plea

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT earthlink.net (Local 506)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Local 506 Membership Drive / Plea
  • Date: 18 May 2004 18:58:39 -0700

Okay, I got a little visit today from the ABC commission - and they
reinforced the concept that members must join three days in advance of
actually being deemed members. Their rule, not mine. So, if you think
you're coming to any of the following shows, it is highly advisable
that you get a membership to the club (link below: $3 via paypal -
email local506 AT earthlink.net.) At this point, I cannot guarantee
entry without a membership. All members can sign in three guests -
but again, the member must have signed up three days prior to the
event (ie: you cannot join and sign people in on the same night.)
Likewise, starting in June, ticket prices for non-members will be at
least one dollar higher - so, if you're planning to come to three or
more shows this year, it's just easier to join. Again, if you think
you're coming to any of the following shows - and you're reading this
now - then please click on the paypal button and join - it'll make
both of our lives easier. I don't want to be the bad guy at the door
since I'm merely the messenger of NC state laws...glenn

ps: if you're in a band that is playing 506, please forward this email
to your mailing list.
pss: Sorry if you're getting this message and you're already a member
- I haven't had time to update the email list.

This email was generated using the Payment Request Wizard (for
Microsoft Outlook Express Beta 1.0). Visit www.paypal.com to download
a free copy from PayPal.

SCHEDULE OF UPCOMING EVENTS AT LOCAL 506

5/19 WED THE DOMINATION TOUR: SISTER MACHINE GUN w/ CHRIST ANALOGUE /
MANUFACTURA
5/20 THU Clarqoline Productions Presents TRIPLE T'S featuring DJ
MOTHERSBROTHERS (New Wave, Punk, Post-Punk, Synth, Indie-Rock,
Shoegaze, and more!)
5/21 FRI THE ROSEBUDS w/ BELLAFEA / THE QUARANTINES
5/22 SAT THE SAMES w/ SCHOONER / ERIE CHOIR
5/23 SUN TRANSPORTATION w/ EVENING PINES
5/24 MON MICROPHONE MONDAY
5/25 TUE DRACULA'S DAUGHTER - GOTH & INDUSTRIAL DANCE
5/26 WED THE POPULAR KIDS SKETCH COMEDY (featuring Kelly Crisp of The
Rosebuds)
5/27 THU Clarqoline Productions Presents TRIPLE T'S featuring DJ
MOTHERSBROTHERS
5/28 FRI SHARKQUEST w/ BRINGERER
5/29 SAT Clarqoline Productions & Internationalists Books Present Axis
of Change Showcase: LUD / MOWING LAWNS / FASHION DESIGN / SHALLOW BE
THY NAME
5/30 SUN Yep Roc Recording Artist BIGGER LOVERS w/ SNMNMNM / THE
MATTOID
5/31 MON MICROPHONE MONDAY
6/3 THU Clarqoline Productions Presents TRIPLE T'S featuring DJ
MOTHERSBROTHERS
6/4 FRI INTERNATIONAL ORANGE w/ HONOR GUEST / PILOT AROUND THE SUN
6/5 SAT COOL JOHN FERGUSON
6/6 SUN Cat's Cradle Presents JONATHAN RICHMAN
6/9 WED THE WOGGLES w/ THE HATE BOMBS
6/11 FRI NEW TOWN DRUNKS / CUTTER / 2 O'CLOCK DENTIST
6/12 SAT JETT RINK
6/18 FRI TERRY ANDERSON & THE OLYMPIC ASS-KICKING TEAM w/CROOKED SMILE
6/19 SAT DEXTER ROMWEBER Record Release Party
6/20 SUN Yep Roc Recording Artist THE STANDARD
6/26 SAT HASIL ADKINS
6/27 SUN THE VUE w/ THE EVENING / BLACK CAT MUSIC
7/4 SUN Get Hip Recording Artist THE PAYBACKS

LOCAL 506 -- 506 W. FRANKLIN ST. CHAPEL HILL NC 27516 -- 919-942-5506