ch-scene - Re: Triple T's - The first Thursday...

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Rawls <jcmidrange AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Triple T's - The first Thursday...
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 13:30:12 -0700 (PDT)

>What transpired :
> NEW ORDER, ECHO AND THE BUNNYMEN, and loads of
>obscure synth gems! Lights, dancing, revelry,
>spirits, chats, hook-ups.

Yeah, that was fun indeed...."hook-ups", sure ;)
I believe the DJ near the end of the night was DJ
Nasty Boots (either way he was great and he often DJ's
in conjunction with Cold Sides shows which are great).
I'm a big fan of the new wave euro disco, whatever
you call it (when I was a kid it was called music for
queers...maybe it still is) that he spins.

And then two nights later there was the devilish
themed dance thing at Kings'. It was an okay turn
out, but in typical Raleigh fashion there was a
depressing lack of dance participants (it's started
many a flame war and been said in many other forums by
many others so I won't get into that)...okay I admit I
was having a hard time concentrating on my
jitterbugging what with the nymphets humping one
another in the go-go cage, so I may have been guilty
of some parking on the dance floor...

Basically I'd like to applaud the DJ's in this
area who are willing to spend time and money on
obscure records (so I don't have to, I don't mean for
it to sound that way, but thanks, really) and then
segueing them all together at fun filled events.

Rawls