ch-scene - Re: Owl Monkeys?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Bis "sp�ter" <thebackyardbbq AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Owl Monkeys?
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 15:03:40 -0700 (PDT)

Mike what you're hearing is definitely an owl.

And it's definitely *not* a screech owl. They have
quite a distinctive, somewhat disturbing sound.

I think what you're hearing is the hoot owl:
http://www.ponddoc.com/WhatsUpDoc/Predators/MystiqueHootOwl.htm

also re:lore--
http://www.ramshornstudio.com/id266.htm

Depending, of course, on your level of superstition, I
would not recommend engaging it in conversation.
Listening and contemplating otoh is fine.

E.