ch-scene - Re: WXDU Presents @ the Duke Coffeehouse

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: fikri_y AT yahoo.com (Fikri)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: WXDU Presents @ the Duke Coffeehouse
  • Date: 20 Apr 2004 14:53:55 -0700

I just wanted to follow up on this. The turnout was pretty good for
the Jett Rink, Permanent Darling, Dom Casual, Wigg Report show this
past saturday, and as usual, Jett Rink kicked all kinds of ass (and
had many in the crowd shaking theirs). Am only sorry that I couldn't
make it to the Cantwell, Gomez, and Jordan - Ghost of Rock show the
saturday before (which by all accounts was also awesome).

So, what does this mean for the duke cofeehouse? And is there
anything else us Durhamites can do to show our support? There was
mention of a petition, but I didn't see one circulating at the show.
I want to do what I can to help the coffeehouse... If anyone has more
info to share, please let us know what's up. Thanks,

-Fikri

(long time durhamite, show-goer, and lurker)