ch-scene - Bad Luck = Good Idea (The Amazing Raffle)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: gboothe2 AT earthlink.net (Glenn Boothe)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Bad Luck = Good Idea (The Amazing Raffle)
  • Date: 14 Mar 2004 11:27:02 -0800

I know the triangle area has had its share of bad luck recently in the
rock personnel health department, but I also just found out that
someone I know from my days in the music industry - Jackie Farry - has
been diagnosed with cancer and needs financial assistance.

I met Jackie when I first moved to NYC in 1990. At the time, she
worked for Epic Records. Some of you may actually know her name from
her stint as nanny for Kurt and Courtney, and then, after-that, as
host to a short-lived MTV show called Superock. More recently, she
has become the tour manager of choice for bands such Stereolab, JSBX,
among many others.

She's one of the good ones...as you can see by all the bands, labels,
etc. who have donated stuff for a raffle to raise money for
her...glenn

http://www.jackiefarry.com/raffle/

CONCERT TICKETS TO COACHELLA
AMAZING STUFF FROM:
BEASTIE BOYS
BLUES EXPLOSION
SLEATER-KINNEY
CHEMICAL BROTHERS
REDD KROSS
SLOAN
THE GO-GO'S
MATADOR RECORDS
CRYPT RECORDS
BUST MAGAZINE
BUILT BY WENDY (BEST GUITAR STRAPS EVER!)
DANELECTRO GUITARS

Hi. I'm Jackie Farry. Most of you probably don't know me. I usually
tour manage rock bands. In June, in the middle of a world tour with
The Datsuns, I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma, a rare form of
cancer. I have been too sick to work and I'm faced with some nasty
financial problems. In an effort to creatively raise some money, The
Amazing Raffle was born. A portion of the proceeds will benefit other
young people with cancer.

Kick ass prizes have already been donated, and the list of commitments
is mind-blowing.

  • Bad Luck = Good Idea (The Amazing Raffle), Glenn Boothe, 03/14/2004