ch-scene - FW: Elliott Smith's studio for sell

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Hep <sadresden AT mindspring.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: FW: Elliott Smith's studio for sell
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:09:28 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

This was forwarded to me:

>From SweetAdeline.net:

elliott's recording studio for sale
ashley sent this to me today

Hello! Ashley here. Elliott's family would like to get the word out that
there is something major happening with Elliott's studio. As many of you may
know, he amassed an amazing collection of vintage studio recording
equipment, as well as all the normal stuff that a studio needs, and we've
been trying to figure out the best way to take care of it. After much
thought and careful consideration, we realized that we do not have the
structure, administration, or quite frankly, the money to keep the studio up
and running. This was a difficult decision, but one that the family has come
to, and so regretfully we must sell the studio. We're very much hoping that
we find that special person who will love and cherish all the equipment in
there like he did. We really don't want to piece out the stuff, because it
just feels weird. We're hoping that you, or maybe someone you know, might
have the means and the desire to try and aquire all of his studio equipment,
take over the monthly rent, and
basically own and operate his studio as your own from now on. Ideally we'd
love to sell it to someone who would run it similarly to his plan, which was
low-cost for bands who don't have the big bucks in recording deals. However,
if that person doesn't come along, we'd settle on selling it to someone who
would use it and respect it, however they saw fit. We wanted to post this
information on here, where fans check, so that if anyone reading this does
have the means, they can have the opportunity to buy it first. If you are
seriously interested, please send an email with your phone number to this
address: elliotts_studio AT yahoo.com. We're only considering people who want
to buy the whole thing as one piece right now, because that seems the least
disruptive to his space and his stuff that he loved so much. Thank you.
(3.11.04)

http://babysamsam.tripod.com