ch-scene - Re: Mike Trip

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Christiane Voisin <voisc AT ils.unc.edu>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Mike Trip
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 17:56:57 -0500 (EST)

i hadn't seen this on the list yet... hopeful update & email address for
playing in benefit concerts (from
http://www.lovittrecords.com/triplett.html):

Thurs March 4 - 5pm

Just talked to Ben Dunlap who said Mike is having another good day - yes -
two in a row - that's a nice break for him -

Also, If you are interested in playing one of the benifits coming up in
the triangle area - Ben Dunlap set up a hotmail account for those it is:
gobenefitmt AT hotmail.com
-------------------------------

i (christiane) just talked to mike's mom, what a great and brave lady.
she said that mike is still improving but very weak. if his staph test
comes back negative as the last few have, on monday he can probably begin
some rehab. so the timeline they are thinking he will stay there is maybe
another 2-3 weeks. keep thinking good thoughts.

christiane

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Ben Davis wrote:

> Sunday Feb 29 5pm
>
> I just talked to Joy - Mike's mom - and things are better today - They
> have moved him out of the ICU - He still is receiving oxygen with a mask
> - but no ventilator - which is good - His fever is down - She said they
> think the meningitis is pretty much done - but the pnuemonia is still
> there along with the staff infections he got in the hospital - They are
> still working on keeping his lungs clear of junk from the pnuemonia -
> but things are going better - He is conscious , but still somewhat weak
> and pretty out of it - Ben from Go! went up there yesterday and told me
> that when he saw Mike, Mike told him that he probably wouldn't make it
> in to work today, because he was pretty sick - So typical Mike - sick,
> tired and weak , but worried about work - I've been passing on thoughts
> and emails - so thanks for the concern and thoughts - its totally working -
>
> more soon including a donation fund to help with medical bills
>
> http://www.lovitt.com/triplett.html
>
> Ben

  • Mike Trip, Ben Davis, 03/01/2004
    • Re: Mike Trip, Christiane Voisin, 03/06/2004