ch-scene - Re: Mike Triplett {tuesday} Update

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Ben Davis <ben_dontspamme_davis AT unc.edu>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Mike Triplett {tuesday} Update
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 17:27:44 -0500

5:30 pm Tuesday Feb 24th

I just left Mike's room and today things seem to have stablized and
improved slightly- They have to do another spinal tap today - still
trying to figure exactly what is going on - They are hoping to get him
off the ventilator sometime in the next day or so - depending on how he
is doing and how he reacts to that - Things are still pretty intense and
serious- he was still unconscious , but seemed to stir a bit when I
talked to him. They said he had his eyes open some this morning - but
he is sedated again to undergo the spinal tap.

so keep the thoughts and prayers going - it's helping - He 's by no
means out of the woods yet - but things were optimistic this afternoon -
I think they are still taking things hour to hour - He is still in the
ICU , and still hooked up to every tube possible - but things are
stablizing for now. more info when I get it

take care and thanks

Ben