ch-scene - Re: looking for bands....

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <jameshepler AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: looking for bands....
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 05:16:13 -0800 (PST)

Hey! Be really careful with your fundraiser. The
FEC, thanks to McCain Feingold, has some weird
regulations regarding your taking other people's money
and giving it in kind to the campaign. You also have
to be careful about what kind of expense you go to. I
highly recommend giving a call to the Kuinich
campaign's legal counsel for tips and help making sure
it all plays out according to the rules.

Also, as the great Matt Tomich says, you can raise
more money with a bake sale than you can with a rock
benefit. They tend to be underattended and roughly
organized. Make sure all of your bands know what time
they have to start and what time they have to finish,
and promote the hell out of the show.

Good luck! I wish The Dres could help you out.
You're fighting the good fight.

And remember, looks like we're voting on April 17th
caucus style rather than in May primary style. No
time to waste!

Hep