ch-scene - Re: Equifax sees all

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Equifax sees all
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:48:32 -0500

Other venues, I guess. Or maybe the drinking-to-forget finally started
working.

Fave records of the year? Finks, Audubon Park, Sandy Covin's solo guitar
thing, Cold Sides "corrugated sibilants", Portastatic, Rosebuds, Valient
Thorr, Kingsbury Manx, Defenestrator. The Nicky Album.

What else came out in 2003? I can't ever keep track of that stuff & I
always forget to rememeber to try to keep track until around this time
each year. When did the Cantwell Gomez Jordan album come out? That's on
there if it was this year, definitely. Oh hell, it was in March 2003, so
yeah. I wonder how many other great records I've forgotten about. I'll
have to go home & look around before providing anything more comprehensive.

Non-local faves were definitely ex models and the 2nd A-Frames.

Single-most-listened-to album around my place: a 2-CD Carpenters best-of
I got while traveling this summer.

Ross

p.s. des_ark started selling demos at shows this year but I don't know
that it was "released" per se, but if you wanna count it, it's pretty
amazing.