ch-scene - [Ch-scene] Re: Aack!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: bendy <bendy AT example.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Ch-scene] Re: Aack!
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:21:10 -0500

Ron Thigpen wrote:

> MJ mug shot
>
> <http://www.sbsheriff.org/jpg/pio/11200301.jpg>

Get the who history here:
http://anomalies-unlimited.com/Jackson.html

Somehow, I feel sorry for the guy, despite the fact that if he's guilty
of what's alleged, he's plainly bad. I can't tell where this sympathy is
coming from, or what it's based on, since there are so many layers of
spin and facade, the human being is indecipherable.

He was the first of some kind of new supermegacelebrity, and it's
amazing how long he's been able to coast, since he hasn't had an uptick
artistically in 19 years. Like some sort of Warhollian nightmare, the
soup was drained out of the can, then the can vanished, all we're left
with is a red and white label. Why do I want to refer to him in past tense?

bendy

-- ch-scene: the mailing list that mirrors a.m.c-h --
http://webmail8.isis.unc.edu:81/read/?forum=ch-scene

  • [Ch-scene] Aack!, Ron Thigpen, 11/25/2003
    • [Ch-scene] Re: Aack!, bendy, 11/26/2003