ch-scene - [Ch-scene] Electronic Shinth Tour + Mystery Circuits = Tuesday @ Nightlight

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: mike AT mysterycircuits.com (Mike Walters)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Ch-scene] Electronic Shinth Tour + Mystery Circuits = Tuesday @ Nightlight
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:18:06 -0000

This Tuesday, November 25th, Peter Blasser and his Shinth Tour will be
in Chapel Hill at the Nightlight.

Read Finn Cohen's article in this week's Indy about the show:
http://indyweek.com/durham/current/music.html

Peter's stuff is amazing. He'll have strange synthesizers built in
wearable suits and rollable canvases. His synthesizers go beyond the
traditional interface. Much of the sounds are controlled directly
within the circuit, using the human player as an electronic component.
Neat, huh? The feature of this tour is his invention, The Shinth:
http://rainbowrandom.net/tigerrstarryess/index.html

Here's more info on the tour itself:
http://rainbowrandom.net/shinth/index.html

I'll be opening up the show displaying my home built instruments and
Mystery Circuits. Here's my site with featuring some of the devices
I'll use: http://www.mysterycircuits.com/

I hope everyone is there.

-Mike Walters
www.mysterycircuits.com