ccafrica - Re: [ccAfrica] Proposed Continental Project (Summer Open School)

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Simeon Oriko <simeon AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Felix Nartey <flixtey AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Kelsey Wiens <kelsey AT uncommonwomen.org>, CC Africa mailing list <ccAfrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ccAfrica] Proposed Continental Project (Summer Open School)
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 22:14:13 +0300

Hi all,

Felix, thanks for sharing this idea. Following the Africa regional meeting on the sides of CC Festival in Toronto a few weeks ago, I'd been scouting for a project we could do regionally. I think this could work for two reasons:

1. Africa's greatest need at the moment is awareness about CC and I think adding the context of 'open' goes a long way to achieving this mission.
2. A number of Africa affiliates are based or have close relationships with tertiary institutions. This is an opportunity we can explore.

I'm curious to hear what other affiliates think. Is this something we can do together over the 2nd half of the year perhaps?

Kind Regards,

Simeon Oriko

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons