ccafrica - [ccAfrica] Proposed Continental Project (Summer Open School)

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Felix Nartey <flixtey AT gmail.com>
  • To: ccAfrica AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ccAfrica] Proposed Continental Project (Summer Open School)
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 16:18:56 +0000

Hello Africa,

I am excited to share a program Open Foundation west Africa will be running in Ghana this summer dubbed, Summer Open School. We believe that there is a need for the open ecosystem to unite forces to preach oneness with the unique goal of making the world as open as possible. Most often people are left thinking what is the open movement? We believe once we can break that barrier and spread the need for openness, contributions to any of these products in the ecosystem will come around naturally and hence the idea of a summer open school.

As mentioned in my whatsapp post yesterday, this is a project we have conceived and intend to run for the first time this summer in Ghana. However we see a greater impact with this should it be modelled to fit each countries context and run concurrently or around the same time each year with specific hash tags and posts around the continent. We believe such effort will show relatively high impact than we can do in just Ghana.

We call for your ideas and interest on this if there is a possibility. Kindly find attached a draft of the idea and please feel free to shape the document to suit a more cross regional perspective. I hope this is worth your afternoon and thanks for your time.

Cheers,
--
Felix Nartey
Cofounder/Director Finance & Admin