ccafrica - Re: [ccAfrica] Global Summit - funding

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: Tobias Schonwetter <tobias AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: CC Africa mailing list <ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ccAfrica] Global Summit - funding
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 16:21:28 +0200

Thanks for this, Kelsey. CC will again provide some funding (numbers still need to be finalised) and affiliates can apply for such funding when registering for the event. This is very similar to how it worked in the past. However, in order to increase the presence of CC Affiliates from Africa, we would love to see some additional local fundraising. And your Prince Claus Travel Fund idea is great. We need more such ideas. In fact I have just hijacked your summit idea google doc (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-5YNxLSjKeTrw5lH7x2Ei16MoNsTDldvA53Sk0kR7Kc/edit#gid=2040223314) and added a third sheet to compile a list of potential funders. All, please add to it if you can.

Best,

Tobias

---
Dr. Tobias Schonwetter