ccafrica - [ccAfrica] CC Nigeria updates

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: kayode yussuf <kayusyussuf AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ccAfrica] CC Nigeria updates
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 19:00:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,

Just a brief update on our activities.

due to the unfortunate Westgate Mall attack and with respect for the pain and loss, I thought not to post link to my presentation then. Below is the link to my presentation at the Software Freedom Day hosted in Federal University, Oye-Ekiti.... Thanks to Seun Ojedeji for hosting us.

http://www.slideshare.net/KayodeYussuf/getting-innovative-with-oer-the-creative-commons-story

And just yesterday, I was opportuned to speak about 'building future skills for National Security' and one of the points I made was about improving quality of education, i advised the academics in the hall to consider using Creative Commons licensing for their publications. We hope to follow up.

http://www.slideshare.net/KayodeYussuf/broadband-building-future-skills-for-national-security-and-business-continuity

Lastly, thanks to Helen and the African Regional coordinators, our Public Lead institution (Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies) will on November 6th host us to a Roundtable Discussion with academics, software developers, artists and the like, please, Nigerians on list can register via https://nials.eventbrite.com or please email me so we can make this happen together.

Kayode Yussuf