ccafrica - Re: [ccAfrica] Value Proposition for a University

ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Jurisdiction Teams in Sub-Saharan Africa

  • From: fmirembe AT ihsu.ac.ug
  • To: Brian Ssennoga <brians AT coss.ug>
  • Cc: ccafrica AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [ccAfrica] Value Proposition for a University
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 16:35:16 +0300

Dear Brain and colleagues,

This is not a bad idea for universities at all but all staff need to first get on board and have an institutional IP policy in place as well.

Florence

Quoting Brian Ssennoga <brians AT coss.ug>:

Tobias - while there, please see if there is a value proposition for a
university to use CC licences for all materials generated (hopefully from
non-copyrighted sources). I sure would like to see my university adopt this.

Cheers

--
*Brian Ssennoga | FOSS & ICT Consulting *

*COSS <http://coss.ug> | @COSSug | #COSS*
*FOSSFA <http://www.fossfa.net> Country Liaison - Uganda | @fossfa | #FOSSFA
*
*Skype: bssennoga | Gtalk - b.ssennoga*
*
*
*Blog <http://bssennoga.wordpress.com> | Alt. Email <b.ssennoga AT gmail.com> |
Twitter <http://twitter.com/#!/bssennoga> | *

Florence Mirembe
Librarian
International Health Sciences University
http://www.ihsu.ac.ug
P.O.Box 7782 Kampala
Tel. +256 (312) 307400