cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] examples of use of CC in commercial sector

  • From: Desiree Miloshevic <dmiloshevic AT afilias.info>
  • To: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] examples of use of CC in commercial sector
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:37:10 +0000

Hi -

Just a note to say that the other week I spoke to a board member of a big design company in London re cc. They have a lot of students (freelancers) who come in to do paid work, but the students keep mentioning how they'd like to retain their IP rights, creating extra legal work for the company, etc.

The company is willing to suggest the use of cc-UK license for the students and thus promote cc.

We should encourage this particular use of cc in other creative industries among the contacts that we have and/or build some awareness campaign for students at universities?

Thoughts?

Did anyone hear about simliar activities or examples in any other commercial or creative sector, that I can use?

thanks,

Desiree Miloshevic
--
www.afilias.info/contact/