cc-uk - RE: [Cc-uk] CC-EW launch event

  • From: <lnu01eg AT reading.ac.uk>
  • To: Damian Tambini <damian.tambini AT socio-legal-studies.oxford.ac.uk>
  • Cc: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org, 'Prodromos Tsiavos' <prodromos.tsiavos AT socio-legal-studies.oxford.ac.uk>, lnu01eg AT reading.ac.uk
  • Subject: RE: [Cc-uk] CC-EW launch event
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:32:17 -0000

Damian,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We were thinking that instead of regularly postponing the launch of the
CC-EW licenses (weren't they supposed to be ready in Nov 2004?), that you
either 1) wait and officially launch them on 1st March as a co-ordinated
effort between CC-EW and Remix Reading or 2) if you don't want to wait till
March 1st to release the licenses (so you can get them out on the web), you
could just hold the official launch in Reading on 1st March.

In terms of budget, we sent our application to the arts council the other
day, and are hoping to fund the event through their grant. In case it
doesn't come through (and have to apply again or elsewhere) we already have
a £500 loan for the event itself. However, that money is already allocated
for publicity materials, PA hire etc. We may be able to put up a little
money for travel expenses if our grant application goes through.

We would appreciate as much help as possible for the event. If anyone lives
near Reading (it is only half an hour on the train from London) and is
willing to help, please let us know.

Many Thanks,

Edward

-------------------
> I would be interested in talking about this. It may be that we will
announce
> the license before March 1, but we would be very happy to get involved in
> this event, speak, give info etc.
>
> We have no budget for events at this point.
>
> Damian

lnu01eg AT reading.ac.uk
> Sent: 20 January 2005 13:42
> To: cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org
> Subject: [Cc-uk] CC-EW launch event
>
> Hello all,
>
> I want to suggest an idea. On the 1st March we are going to officially
> launch Remix Reading with a press conference followed by a launch party.
We
> thought that CC-EW might want to join us and officially launch the new
> license on the same date. This would increase the profile of the event for
> both of us and would tie in CC-EW with people who actually use the
licenses.
> Below is a brief breakdown of what is going to be happening on the 1st
March
> in South St Arts Centre in Reading:
>
> Definitely happening:
>
> A press conference
> open mic session
> an image exhibition
> live booked performances
>
> Most probably (we haven't confirmed yet, but it will likely happen):
>
> film screenings
> poetry readings
>
> Depending on what ideas volunteers put forward (including yourselves):
>
> a series of workshops and demonstrations with CC-EW and Free software
> recording the event
>
> The venue, equipment, press conference and open mic are confirmed. We are
> talking to the venue, local organisations including
> Readipop, PlugnPlay, Reading University, Reading College for Art and
Design,