cc-uk - Re: [Cc-uk] CC-UK vs BBC_CA

  • From: John Howkins <john AT johnhowkins.com>
  • To: Prodromos Tsiavos <prodromos.tsiavos AT socio-legal-studies.oxford.ac.uk>, <Cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-uk] CC-UK vs BBC_CA
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 10:25:40 +0800

Both solutions may appear acceptable as of today but are highly vulnerable
to future changes. CC has control over the CC licence but no control over
the BBC licence. What happens if the BBC changes the BBC licence?
It is essential that the CC licence does not give up permanent rights to
another party's contractual deals over which it (CC) has no control.
John