cc-uk - [Cc-uk] Rob's question: Paternity Right

  • From: "Yoav" <yoav AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: <cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-uk] Rob's question: Paternity Right
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 21:08:55 +0200

Dear All,

First, greetings to all of you for joining our new mailing list, and
well done for everyone who helped in this project, especially
Christiane!

Rob raised the question of the CC licence and the paternity right.

Well, although at the moment we only have one version of the licence on
the website, this is just to simplify the process of the public
discussion on the licence.
However, once this stage will go through, we'll have the same 11
versions of the licence (just like the US creative-commons licence).

Therefore, authors who will use the CC-UK licences will have the choice
of whether to retain or to waive their paternity right!

Hope this answers your question, Rob.

Best wishes

Yo'av Mazeh
Project Lead
iCommons-UK
Research Fellow
Programme in Comparative Media Law and Policy
Centre for Socio-Legal Studies
University of Oxford