cc-uk - [Cc-uk] Rob's question: Trans-Jurisdiction Issues

  • From: "Yoav" <yoav AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: <cc-uk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-uk] Rob's question: Trans-Jurisdiction Issues
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 21:09:38 +0200

Dear Rob,

Private international law allows people to enforce their rights between jurisdictions. So the UK licence should cover any use of the work, wherever it takes place.

This is one of the first issues which will require adaptation in the proposed licence.

Yo'av Mazeh

Project Lead

iCommons-UK

Research Fellow

Programme in Comparative Media Law and Policy

Centre for Socio-Legal Studies

University of Oxford