cc-sampling - Re: [cc-sampling] Making the SL fit in with it all

cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of the Creative Commons Sampling license (or license option)

  • From: Matthew Haughey <matt AT haughey.com>
  • To: cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-sampling] Making the SL fit in with it all
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:11:46 -0700

At 10:02 PM 7/22/2003 -0400, Joshua Csehak wrote:
No, because you might want to allow derivative works but not distribution. Or vice-versa. But if both no's were selected (or nothing was checked in my simpler layout), it would map to a PD license.

But distribution is always allowed. Also, public domain means anyone can do anything they want with it, so I think both answers of "yes" would qualify instead of no.

Matt