cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] InternetNZ Partnership Announced

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Matt McGregor <Matt.McGregor AT royalsociety.org.nz>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] InternetNZ Partnership Announced
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 20:45:58 +0000

Hi Danyl, all,

a) No, I wouldn't make that assumption just yet.

b) Yes, the Society will continue to be the host organisation, though we're continuing to plan for the future. I would, of course, consult with the community well before any such moves were made. Apologies for not confirming that with you earlier.

c) We're yet to sign the MOU with Internet NZ, but the grant is intended to go purely to operations--i.e. not overheads or salary--specifically in education and open research. It will mean we can travel much more easily, design and print more (greatly needed) targeted resources, attend conferences, plan events, partly fund a mid-year internship, and a few other things.

I'm afraid I can't give you a budget, but CCANZ will continue to be extremely frugal: this money will go a long way.

Will provide more news as I am able.

All the best for the holiday,
Matt.

Danyl Strype <strypey AT disintermedia.net.nz> wrote:

Kia ora koutou

This is fantastic news. A few questions:
* Am I correct in assuming this funding will replace the funding from the (now-defunct) MoRST?
* Will this funding affect our relationship with the Royal Society, will they continue to be our host organisation?
* Do you have a rough budget for how this funding will be spent over the year?

He mihi nui
Strypey