cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] Time to retire ND and NC

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Matt McGregor <Matt.McGregor AT royalsociety.org.nz>
  • To: 'Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion' <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] Time to retire ND and NC
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 10:45:29 +1200

Hi all,

Paul, sorry, didn't mean to dodge this; my earlier answer was meant to
respond to both of your questions

>> Do we know how many objects from New Zealand exist with any CC
>> licences

We don't have any reliable information on this. As you know, one of the great
things about CC is that it's open, which means that users don't have to
register before using a licence. This means that tracking licence use--and
estimating the amount of licensed objects--can be a headache.

CCHQ are working on their estimates for a global count at the moment, but
that won't be finished for some time. I've no plans to do a NZ version of
this at the moment.

Cheers,
Matt