cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] Nethui Creative Commons Meetup

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Danyl Strype <strypey AT disintermedia.net.nz>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] Nethui Creative Commons Meetup
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 18:52:52 +1200

Kia ora koutou

A version of it lives on the CC.org.nz site also:
http://creativecommons.org.nz/news_and_events/events/creative_commons_meetup_open_research_and_oer_in_tertiary

I presume these details are correct, or can be corrected? I am hoping
our new CC.org.nz site has an events calendar ;)

@Fabiana - I believe cutting and pasting this text to promote the
event (the purpose for which the text was written) would come under
'fair use'. However, you make a good point; we CC advocates need to be
applying CC licenses, and tagging and marking every version of the
content, so we are seen to be putting out copyright where our mouth is
;)

Hei kōnā
Strypey

--
Danyl Strype
Community Developer

"freedom is participation in power.”
- Cicero

"Uncomfortable alliances are not just necessary; they reflect and
speak to the tremendous possibility of our political moment."
- Harmony Goldberg and Joshua Kahn Russell
http://www.nationofchange.org/new-radical-alliances-new-era-1337004193

"Allowing the university to be turned into the tool of business is
allowing it to be corrupted."
- Richard Stallman
http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk/resources/Stallman.xml