cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] Creative Commons 10th Birthday Activities

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Richard White <richard.white AT otago.ac.nz>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] Creative Commons 10th Birthday Activities
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 23:38:05 +0000

Hi Matt - and welcome aboard!

You said you're open to ideas about 10th anniversary events...  How about some sort of competition along the lines of mix and mash but specifically asking people to do something that somehow celebrates this achievement?  Music  or images or video or whatever; data or infographics etc. - all using CC-licenced material, perhaps with an NZ flavour.

If there was a meet-up you could showcase all these things as a sort of gala event.

Just thinking out loud, but hopefully this will spark others' imagination.

Regards
Richard

University of Otago Copyright Officer
and
CC-licensing muso soundcloud.com/mermaidguitar