cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] CC New Zealand's new Public Lead

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Wayne Mackintosh <wayne AT oerfoundation.org>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] CC New Zealand's new Public Lead
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 17:07:41 +1200

Ki ora Danyl

Again -- welcome aboard Matt.

I echo the call for hosting the CC-NZ website using a free software engine. Its not appropriate for a free culture initiative to be using non-free software -- we must walk the the talk ;-).  From recollection good progress was made in moving towards an open solution -- so we should be able to move this agenda item forward and with community help and engagement, it shouldn't be a problem.

On a related note, with reference to advocacy for open licensing and capacity building, we're hosting another free online Open Content Licensing for Educators (OCL4Ed) workshop to coincide with the UNESCO World OER Congress in June.  We're aiming to break are previous record of 1067 participants. Would be great if the CC-NZ community could help spread the word through your networks.

Will post a separate note to the list about OCL4Ed 2012.06.

Cheers
Wayne