cc-nz - [Cc-nz] Fwd: GiveALittle (Travel to Free Culture Research Conference 2010)

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Danyl Strype <strypey AT disintermedia.net.nz>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] Fwd: GiveALittle (Travel to Free Culture Research Conference 2010)
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 05:27:16 +1200

Tēnā koutou

Thanks to the advice from the NZOSS OpenChat folks, I have created a
'cause' on GiveALittle for my estimated travel to present at
FreeCulture2010 (plus a small margin to cover incidental expenses
incl. GAL's charge):
https://www.givealittle.co.nz/cause/freeculture2010travel

All contributions greatly appreciated. If I reach my target, I'm happy
to list donors and organisations (non-profit or commercial) in a blog
post of many thanks.

I have also blogged about the potential benefits of crowdsourcing
investment models like GiveALittle and KickStarter:
http://www.coactivate.org/projects/disintermedia/blog/2010/08/13/end-to-end-investment/

Kia ora

--
Danyl Strype
Community Developer

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
than to those attending too small a degree of it."
- Thomas Jefferson

"But libertarians do not defend the right of people to smash holes
in the hull of a crowded ship, or to let off bombs in city centres.
Freedom does not include the freedom to trash the habitat we all
depend on for survival."
- Johann Hari, the Independent, 5.9.06

  • [Cc-nz] Fwd: GiveALittle (Travel to Free Culture Research Conference 2010), Danyl Strype, 08/13/2010