cc-nz - [Cc-nz] New Zealand Government Open Access and Licensing Framework

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Jane Hornibrook <janehornibrook AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-nz <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>, cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org, cci AT lists.ibiblio.org, cc-asia-pacific AT googlegroups.com, cc-community AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-nz] New Zealand Government Open Access and Licensing Framework
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 14:26:29 +1200

Hi everyone

You may have seen on our website a happy announcement that the New Zealand Government Open Access and Licensing framework (NZGOAL) has been approved by Cabinet, with a public announcement arriving last week. NZGOAL recommends New Zealand Creative Commons licences for State Services agencies when releasing copyright works for reuse.

This is a huge achievement in the promotion of open access by the State Services Commission, and we are optimistically looking forward to an increased uptake of Creative Commons from within the New Zealand government. You can read the press release, accompanying documents and the framework itself from the E-government website here:  http://www.e.govt.nz/policy/nzgoal

Jane

--
Jane Hornibrook
Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand