cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] CCANZ in December 09

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: Hamish MacEwan <hamish.macewan AT gmail.com>
  • To: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] CCANZ in December 09
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 07:16:40 +1300

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 12:20, Jane Hornibrook <janehornibrook AT gmail.com>
wrote:

> CCANZ's host, Te Whainga Aronui The Council for the Humanities has
> officially decided to join the Royal Society of New Zealand in 2010 as a
> committee representing the humanities. Consequently, the Council will no
> longer be able to host New Zealand's Creative Commons project.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the Council for their
acceptance, nurture and stewardship of the CCANZ responsibility.

> However, we
> are delighted to tell you that CCANZ and the Council have been in
> negotiation with the Royal Society of New Zealand concerning their ability
> and suitability to take over the CC project jurisdiction in 2010.

And I would further like to commend you for discharging the duty I
believe lay upon the Council to pass on the flame that they had
received to safe hands, which I don't think any commenter thinks the
RSNZ is not.

While it might have been better to have conducted some consultation on
that decision, it may be that the reasons that lead to the Council
merging with RSNZ also contributed to this not being possible without
risking a period of uncertainty around CCANZ which I think would be a
worse outcome.

> Merry Christmas everyone.

and a happy new year.

> Jane Hornibrook and Stephanie Pietkiewicz

Hamish.
--
http://tr.im/HKM