cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] List feedback requested

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: "Leigh Blackall" <leighblackall AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Jonathan Ah Kit" <jonathan AT metalab.unc.edu>, "Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion" <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] List feedback requested
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 14:14:09 +1200

Considering the issue that some people express about volume of email..

I wonder if this list should simply announce discussions, and that those discussions go on somewhere that email doesn't flood those less interested in the topic. I'm aware of all the reasons why not to do this mind you.. I don't think this list has achieved the sense of community of practice needed to sustain the type of discussions that would make this list valuable...

Either that or we disregard the concerns of people not ofay with managing email and do more to build up the numbers of people who can manage - to a point where discussion does take place, but this might only end up excluding managers, policy makers and directors.

One thing we could do more of in terms of building up numbers and a community of practice is to hold online events from time to time. Otago Polytechnic has a web conferencing facility we'd be welcome to use, if anyone feels that organising guest speakers, panels, interviews, press conferences or just little meet ups for open discussion would be of benefit. I certainly think we should use such a facility when ever we hold face to face events so as to include online participation and more thorough documentation.

Regards
Leigh